This week on the Creatives Do Money Podcast, Episode #34
My guest today is Nicole Antoinette. She is a writer, recovering self-help junkie, retreat & mastermind group facilitator, and the host of the wonderful Real Talk Radio podcast.
And over time, Nicole has crafted a business that supports her and helps her to enact her values, and to create a world she wants to see, on a tiny microcosm level, as she puts it. She’s also very open about her finances and how she handles money, and I’m excited to share this conversation.
How Nicole came to pay off $50k in student loans by the time she was 27 years old
- The defining childhood moment that prompted some extreme financial moves to pay off her loans so quickly
- The commitment she made to herself after that childhood experience.
- The lasting negative money thoughts that she’s slowly worked through.
- How scarcity mindset plays in for her, and how she tackles it.
” A lot of what interests me about solo self-employment. I love the fact that the business model itself can be a way to enact your values, or the world that you want to see, on a tiny microcosm scale.”Nicole Antoinette on Creatives Do Money Podcast, Episode 34
Navigating chronic mental health challenges and being a solo self-employed individual
- The impact of some rapid class changes in her life, first with parents and then with former spouse. And how that included moving into a tiny van!
- Why you can just buy the damn pine nuts and enjoy them.
- How running and sobriety have informed her business journey
On her radical business practices
- How she has built in paying her podcast guests
- Community participation and support through Patreon
- Radical financial openness as a value
Connect further with Nicole and her work
- Instagram @nic.antoinette
- Patreon Community (highly recommend!)
- Nicole’s podcast Real Talk Radio
- Nicole’s website
Resources / Links
- Money Coaching with Eowyn
- Free Guide: Three Simple Steps to Improve Your Finances When Your Money is a Mess
- Support the Show
Thank you for listening to this episode of Creatives Do Money Podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe and review on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts so more folks can find the show and enjoy it too.
Theme Music and Sound Mixing
Michael P Atkinson: www.michael-p-atkinson.com