Have a question you want answered on the podcast? Email Eowyn your Q in text or audio form: firstname.lastname@example.org I can’t wait to hear from you!
This week on the Creatives Do Money Podcast, Episode #19
Welcome to Creatives Do Money! Each week we explore the topics of everyday money management, solo business ownership, and how we are fueling our creative futures. I’m your host, Eowyn Levene, money coach, massage therapist, and watermelon enthusiast. And I’m on a mission to help you build the lasting financial stability that frees you up to do your work without hustling anxiously for the next dollar.
Today we’re getting into planning our year ahead, but in a particular way. We’re planning from a place of loving and accepting ourselves as we are, and building a vision of what we want to do, to create, to evolve, from there.
In this episode
New Year, New You is a bunch of huey! (01:31)
- What if you were just perfectly imperfect already?
- If you start by accepting yourself as worthy and valuable right now, what does your vision for the future look like when you start from that place of wholeness?
- Will accepting yourself kill your motivation to make things and do things?
- The financial implications and timelines of this new vision you’ve created, from a place of wholeness
Question 1 (09:21)
- What are the financial behaviors and habits I want more of? What do I want less of?
- How to identify the thoughts you need to practice (hint: Episode 18)
- Outcome vs process goals
“You can be more effective when you’re not constantly shaming yourself and telling yourself you’re not good enough. And bonus, you’re so much more likely to enjoy your life along the way.”Eowyn Levene, Creatives Do Money Podcast, Episode 19
Question 2 (12:07)
- What might get in the way of doing the necessary money work, to build the financial foundation needed to reach your goals?
Question 3 (12:56)
- What help do you need to get past the possible struggles when moving towards your goals?
- Hint: it is NOT this thing
- If 1-on-1 work is something you know will help you improve your finances, join me for money coaching. I’m taking new clients in January 2021!
My top 4 Follow Through tips (16:55)
Last part of the episode is my top 4 tips on actually following through on your goals, and making the progress you want to, financial and otherwise.
Also, I’m REALLY taking a winter break now, and will be back with the next full episode on January 15, 2020.
Resources / Links
- Want some dedicated help with your financial life and building new money habits? I’m taking new money coaching clients in 2021!
- Blog post: Getting your financial priorities straight – how to know when to do what with your money
- Blog post: The Model – Managing your mind and thought work
- Creatives Do Money Episode – It Starts with This – in introduction to thought work
- 3 Simple Steps to Improve Your Finances When Your Money is a Mess
Connect with me further
Please share, subscribe, and review
Thank you for listening to this episode of Creatives Do Money Podcast. If you enjoyed this episode or know someone working to get better with money on a creative’s variable income, please share, subscribe and review on Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music so more folks can find the show and enjoy it too.
Creatives Do Money Together
Money work can be hard, and we’re in it for the long haul! Join us in the Plum Tree Community for companionship, accountability, and education around personal finance as a self-employed creative.
Theme Music and Podcast Production
Michael Atkinson: www.michael-p-atkinson.com
On the Creatives Do Money podcast, we talk a lot about money, but I am not a financial advisor or expert, and am not offering financial advice. I share from my own personal experience, and that of my clients and community. All content shared on this podcast is provided for entertainment, education, and information purposes only, and the podcast is intended as a self-help tool.
For my full disclaimer covering all content on this website, and the podcast, please read here.