This blog series is all about my experience starting and growing Plum Tree Money. Follow along as I make mistakes, learn a lot, educate others, and help self-employed creatives build financial stability and freedom.
Major life and Business wins for July 2020:
- Two confirmed creative solopreneur guests for the new podcast!
- Saved a total of $1,036.84 (28% of my net income)
Goals + Intentions for July 2020 were:
- Start creating the Plum Tree Money Podcast
- Homepage on website ready with lead magnet sign up
- Content plan and calendar set
- 4 Blog posts up
- Regular social media posting started
- Plum Tree Community has 20 active members
- Client work complete, free and paid
Skills I’m working on:
- Moving past limiting thoughts and beliefs with Thought Work
- Letting go of work in the late afternoon, and accepting that I will do more the next day.
- Jumping off the deep end with speaking about what I do and know, rather than writing about it. I’ve started by included weekly Instagram Plan-with-me Live budgeting sessions.
- Learning to be A-OK with just being myself, not trying too hard to polish and change to please others.
- Not getting high on approval and positive feedback. My job is to continue moving forward with creating value for my people: creative solopreneurs who want to learn to master their money and build the financial stability that fuels their creative future.
What I got done in July 2020:
- Wrote and published 6 blog posts
- Created some welcome articles for the Plum Tree Community, including the key Progress Log tool
- Write my step-by-step guide to a Zero-based Budget pillar blog post
- Welcomed 8 wonderful creative solopreneurs into the Plum Tree Community for a total of 13!
- Putting in the WERK for Jaclyn Mellone and Farnoosh Torabi fantastic live course: Pays To Podcast
- Read the whole of Donald Miller’s StoryBrand book (such good stuff)
- Signed up two more wonderful clients for Money Coaching.
Where I was in the weeds:
- Getting my coaching and home pages up on my website. I got side tracked and didn’t complete this goal. Almost there though!
- Writing continues to take so much more time than I think it should (am I wrong??)
- Maintaining my work focus during a lot of wonderful summer time with family.
- I have lots to learn to make the most of the Mighty Networks platform (that’s my referral link).
- Not staying on top of my top level organization. I use a version of GTD and sometimes slacked on my review and planning part of the process. I would get an uneasy feeling and need to get back to it.
Current biggest challenge:
Trying to do ALL THE THINGS at once and feeling frustrated because it feels like no progress is being made.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS
Income (dollars in the bank, not invoices sent)
- One-on-one Budget Coaching $210
- Bookkeeping $220
- Graphic design
- Instagram Templates from the wonderful Marina at LivinVivaciously.com $24
- Internet Expenses $25
- Mailchimp $16
- Later Social Media scheduler $9 (that’s my referral link)
- Networking $11
- Virtual Assistant $156
- Podcasting Microphone and accessories $139
COMING NEXT MONTH
On the horizon: August 2020
- The TBD named Plum Tree Podcast is launched
- 100 people on my email list
- Regular content going out on Instagram / FB
- 2 Blog posts up
- 1 general newsletter sent out
- 2 summary newsletters out for Plum Tree Community
- Plum Tree Community has 40 active members
- Client work complete, clients delighted and surprised
And that’s a wrap for this month!
Nothing tickles me more than a creative solopreneur reaching their goals!
Tell me in the comments, what’s one major win for you in your business in July 2020?